To recognize a superintendent whose visionary leadership and collaboration, develops a partnership with their education foundation which provides every student the opportunity for success.
National Recognition in press releases and NSFA E-news, two registrations to the 2018 NSFA National Conference in Nashville (March 21-23, 2018), an opportunity to present a workshop at the National Conference and possibly the opportunity to present a workshop at the National Superintendent’s Conference.
Judging Criteria (Factors that contribute to a Superintendent's effectiveness in PreK-12 Philanthropy)
Foundation Engagement and Results*
- Respects the Foundation's role as collaborative partner
- Supports and engages with Foundation including participation in board meetings, Foundation’s strategic planning, other volunteer opportunities
- Models philanthropy with personal contribution to Foundation
- Supports major gifts efforts (thanks major donors, participates in major gift asks, participates in stewardship events)
Community engagement on behalf of district students*
- Empowers others to do more on behalf of students
- Clear vision and strategic plan for District
- Innovative and creative in developing opportunities for students
Superintendent has advanced the work of the education foundation with external stakeholders including district staff, the business community or others*
- Encourages staff (Executive Committee, building leadership, and other District staff) participation in the Staff Giving Campaign, Foundation’s annual fund or special events
- Focused on student outcomes and works with Foundation to determine highest and best use of Foundation investments
- Advocates for and serves as a spokesperson for the Foundation in the community
Superintendent’s service to other organizations and the impact of that service*
- Involved with the Community including service on other Boards or other civic engagement
September 15th: Nominations Open
October 30th: Nomination Deadline
November 15th: Recipients Announced
March 23rd: Presentation of Award and Workshop
The nominating organization must be a member of NSFA and cannot be a member of the Award Selection Committee.
Superintendent must have served in the present role for a minimum of three years.